Translate

Wednesday 15 July 2015

A few changes

It's been a little while since I last posted an article on this blog, well ten months to be exact. I stopped posting because I fell into the doldrums and couldn't motivate myself to write anything interesting.........'That never stopped me writing for the previous eighteen months' you might well say. However having recently discovered a couple of other blogs which I found absorbing, I am feeling reinvigorated and freshly inspired to set my inane ramblings loose on the internet world again.



The best way to start I think is to give you a brief resume of what Little dog and I have been up to in the intervening months. I have had several changes in both my work and leisure time and Little dog is slowly succumbing to old age, spending most of her time asleep or wondering around bumping into things. She still gets very excited though when her lead comes out and we go for a walk, unfortunately they are only short ambles around the block these days.

Just before writing my last post I was laid off from my part time job at the art company. It would appear that the online art world was not as buoyant as the new highly paid CEO led us all to believe. His services were dispensed with a few months later, the difference being though was that he left with a golden goodbye (apparently). It was a little bit sad leaving the company because I worked with some brilliant people with whom I had a great craic and shared some really good laughs.



After several months of working a night shift for a well known supermarket chain (and hating every minute of it) I secured a part time job working for the local Constabulary. My new title is 'Facilities Assistant' and the role is a cross between a security officer and caretaker. My new work place is a training facility set within fifty five acres of prime heathland on top of the forest centred around a cold war nuclear bunker.



I still very much enjoy walking up on the Forest and in the Downs and am presently in training for a long distance walk in North Yorkshire in early August. I've also become a Search Technician with Sussex Search and Rescue and am on call 24/7 to assist in searching for vulnerable missing persons in East and West Sussex. More about all these recent changes in later posts as I have to stop writing now because Little dog has woken up and is pestering me for her walk.



2 comments: