Translate

Tuesday 11 August 2015

Little Dog has gone

It's raining outside as I sit here writing this short post for my blog which seems quite appropriate really as we had to have Little dog put to sleep last night. I am not writing this post because I want sympathy, only to say that even though she has gone I will keep the blog title in memory of her. This morning however the old homestead seems really quiet and empty without her curled up on the sofa next to me snoring loudly.



We've known all summer that Little dog was approaching her final days and that it was just a matter of time. She was nearly fifteen years old which is a good age for a Springer Spaniel. She had slowed down a lot, had cataracts in both eyes, was partially deaf and very wobbly on her feet but still got very excited when I produced her lead ready for her walk.



Little dog has been off colour for the past few days and yesterday evening she developed breathing problems so we took her to our Vets where the decision was taken to put her to sleep. She passed away very peacefully with Mrs C and myself stroking her head and back and shedding a few tears.



We thought that we were going to lose her last August after her severe ear infection but thanks to the professionalism, care and dedication of our Vets we had Little dog Hollie (Kennel club name 'Starfly Em') for an extra year for which we are eternally grateful. So a big thank you to all the staff  at Uckfield Vets, Starnes, Blowey, Wood & Turrell.





No comments:

Post a Comment