Translate

Sunday 17 November 2013

Last of the Autumn Colours (possibly)

Little dog has been a bit grumpy lately. It's maybe because I am back working full time until Christmas, so she is missing out on the long daily walks, that we have enjoyed throughout the summer. But I think that it has more to do with the fact that she is now an old lady and has lost some of her Springer Spaniel bounce. A good yomp across the Forest will cheer her up.





The weather has been mild and wet recently and the Forest is saturated, the streams are now in full flow and everywhere is boggy and muddy underfoot. According to the Weather forecast the South Westerly lows are due to change on Tuesday with high pressure coming down from the Arctic bringing freezing nights, frost and maybe  even a little bit of snow. So with this impending winter blast in mind, Little dog and I set off for a long walk over the Forest this morning.





It was also an opportunity for me to take some last photographs of the autumnal colours before the trees finally shed their leaves. As I've mentioned before this is my favourite season, I love the cool days, the autumnal copper brown and yellow of the leaves but best of all, there are fewer people up on the Forest. Here are some of the pictures that I took today which give a good feel of what autumn is like on the Ashdown Forest.





No comments:

Post a Comment